In order to add a new class and students to your school, follow the instructions in the video or the simple steps listed below.
- Log in to your Eedi account here.
- Select Classes from the top navigation.
- Click Add a class
- Type the name of the class you wish to add (if the class you want to add already exists it will appear below when you start typing, so simply select it and then click to Join)
If your class is not in the list yet, add your new class by selecting the + Add "class name" prompt, then:
1. Select the department and year group of the class you are adding. If you need to create a new department, simply type the department's name within the drop down box and select Create "department name".
2. You will be asked if you are looking for us to upload your students in bulk which is recommended for adding large numbers of students. Select Add students (bottom right).
3. If you would like us to complete a bulk upload of your students, click Save & Exit then follow the instructions here. To add your students to a class one by one, either select already existing students from the list below, or click + Add a student.
4. Select Add Teachers to add yourself or other teachers to your new class. If you and the other teacher(s) appear in the list (you certainly will!), simply select them. If not, select + Add a teacher and enter their details to invite them to join your school.
5. Click Confirm then have one final check that all the information you have entered is correct and select Create when you are ready. You will now be redirected to your classes page.
Please note: If you do not add yourself as a teacher in the class, the class will not show under your classes tab so be sure to do so :)
That's it! You have added a new class to your Eedi account.